Aloha! It’s my privilege to bring a touch of handmade to Well-Groomed and I couldn’t think of a better first post than one that focused on that quintessential groom & groomsmen accessory: the bow tie.
I’m a huge fan of the bow tie and it seems that a lot of other gents are too these days. Thankfully, there are some amazing makers out there, producing some snazzy little bows perfect for the handmade lovin’ groom. Here are a selection of bow ties that are not only handmade, they’re also easy on the eyes. The great thing about buying a well-made bow tie is that you’ll be able to wear long after your special day is over. Enjoy!
- Forest Colony 0203 by Bond & Burlington: FOREST COLONY is a folk-inspired collection born from the collaborative work between BOND & BURLINGTON with Anna, a talented australian artist best known as LILA RUBY KING, based in Athens.
- Colorful Bow Tie by April Look: One of the many bows in the April Look shop, this one is actually double sided, with blue, cyan an purple on one side and eggplant on the other.
- Gray Cascade Linen Bow Tie by Richmond Thread Lab: Part of the BLUE MOON COLLECTION for 2014, this bow tie is made from Japanese linen in a soft gray with a wave pattern in white and goldenrod.
- Harbor Pink Stripes by Forage Haberdashery: Philadelphia-based Forage is a LAB favorite. This particular textile is made of wide stripes making each bow tie slightly different. perfect for weddings so the groomsmen each have something unique. see images for variance.
- Make Way for Ducklings V2 Bow Tie by OOOTIE Boston: This whimsical bow is made form 100% silk and is sure to be a keeper. It’s a classic tie with a sense of humor that groom and groomsmen will want to wear again and again.