Top Menu

Style Snapshot: Superhero Bouts

By Well Groomed

Posted in

I need your input here. Usually I don’t write anything for Style Snapshots, but this time I think I need a second (or twenty-second) opinion. I liked this groom’s Ugly Dolls and Sock Monkeys, and you know I’m on board with the superhero trend, but this wedding’s throwing me for some reason. On the one hand, the guys are mixing and matching vests, patterns, and types and colors of ties. The superhero boutonnieres keep the whole thing lighthearted and fun, but are they too distracting? You tell me.

What do you think of these fun-spirited bouts?

About The Well Groomed

0 Thoughts to Style Snapshot: Superhero Bouts

1. Anonymous Reply July 13, 2012 at 3:22 am

So, ok, Superman, Batman, Ironman, Spiderman… Not sure who the dude in the suit is? Lex Luther maybe? So maybe that's ok. But what's up with the Japanese cartoon character and Jesus? At that point it looks like they (or probably the groom alone) bought whatever pastic figurine he could get his hands on. Sorry – thumbs down.

#
  2. Mireya Hernandez Reply July 14, 2012 at 10:24 am

This comment has been removed by the author.

#
  3. Anonymous Reply July 14, 2012 at 10:24 am

definite no. way too distracting.

#
  4. Anonymous Reply July 19, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I don't know. I think it's kind of cute. I like how the bride obviouslt wasn't a bridezilla and was cool with her man having a say. I love his personality in the whole thing. I bet he probably let each groomsman pick out his own, and they tried to be a little funnier then every one would understand, hence the Jesus. Although, I most definitely will let my husband have a little bit of his style splashed in their, I mean, we are BOTH getting married on that day.

#
  5. redheadmom35 Reply July 23, 2012 at 6:46 am

It's your wedding day. Do whatever the heck you wish to do.

#
  6. Darren Reply July 23, 2012 at 10:18 am

redheadmom35, I agree he should do whatever he wants. My question was whether his choice added to his look or distracted from it from a style perspective.

#
  7. Anonymous Reply August 2, 2012 at 4:44 am

Love when couples incorporate fun that isn't the typical "traditional" cookie cutter stuff. weddings should be about the couple, both bride and groom
    (to an extent hehe) if it's done right and not tacky. style me pretty california featured a Star Wars wedding that wasn't at all the typical cheesy over the top geek wedding. It was gorgeous and done very stylish. If it's done right I say go for it!

#
  8. Anonymous Reply August 28, 2012 at 12:38 pm

mayb captain america

#
  9. Anonymous Reply September 14, 2012 at 3:50 am

i think this is amazing! my best friend who is going to be a groomsman loves this, as does my Fiancé!

#
  10. Anonymous Reply September 22, 2012 at 12:47 pm

Love it! Groom needs alittle of himself at the wedding!

#
  11. Anonymous Reply October 12, 2012 at 4:29 am

I love it. It looks like the grooms men picked out their alter ego. The groom picked the saint ;D. It's unique & different. I agree, the wedding is also for the groom to be. Let him put his lil touch into it & have fun.

#